08 Feb Five Fun Ways to Celebrate Valentine’s Day in Austin, Texas
Valentine’s Day is fast approaching, and planning fun ways to celebrate can be stressful rather than fun when it gets down to the wire. The good news is, there are plenty of wonderful, romantic options in the Austin area, and a fun, memorable evening is well within your reach. With Valentine’s Day being on a Friday this year, you can make the entire weekend a celebration if you wish.
Valentine’s Day isn’t the only time we should express our affection, but it is a good time to get creative and make plans that are out of your normal routine. After all, everyone loves being made to feel special, and your spouse or significant other will appreciate the time you set aside to spend some quality together.
Five Fun Austin-Centered Ideas to Give You Inspiration
- Have a special dinner! How does a four-course meal – with childcare included – sound? If you have young kids, getting a babysitter is probably high on your list of priorities. The Hive in Austin is offering a delicious dinner for two adults and childcare for one child (for an extra cost, you can add on childcare for more children) on February 14th, so if that sounds like something you’d enjoy, make reservations. If you don’t have kids (or you already have a babysitter on call), there are many wonderful restaurant choices in Austin to choose from. DipDipDip is a Japanese-style hot pot restaurant that is not only delicious but also offers you a unique and fun experience. Or try Eberly, an Austin restaurant with amazing New American food and a classy atmosphere. You can’t go wrong with giving it a go.
- Alternatively, you can have a romantic dinner at home. Light a few candles, cook a romantic meal (or get your loved one’s favorite take out), and spread a blanket in the living room. There’s nothing quite like a picnic on the floor of your house with plenty of comfort food. It’s snug and playful and fun – and it makes memories. If you aren’t the picnic-on-the-floor type, dress up the table with pretty table settings for a festive effect. It’s just as charming as a picnic!
- After dinner, you might want to go do something fun and romantic. How about an old-fashioned drive-in movie? Blue Starlite Drive-In is the perfect place to watch a movie on the big screen while in the comfort of your own vehicle. They have a romantic film playing every night leading up through Saturday the 15th, so you have options if you want to celebrate on a different evening. Check out their selection – you might find more than one you and your significant other want to go see.
- If your sweetheart is a chocolate lover, getting to experience a chocolate tasting at Delysia in Austin could be just what the doctor ordered. Every weekend, they have scrumptious chocolate tastings that tickle your tastebuds, and Valentine’s Day weekend they have an especially delicious selection up for tasting. Reservations are not required but recommended, since spots will likely fill up fast, so if you know you want to attend get your tickets in advance.
- Go for a winter stroll somewhere special. Texas winters allow us to still utilize the outdoors as long as we throw a good coat on, so why not take a romantic walk at a favorite Austin spot? There are so many beautiful parks that are perfect for a leisurely walk with your loved one. McKinney Falls State Park is a wonderful place to walk, as is Walnut Creek Metropolitan Park. Maybe you have your own favorite outdoor destination in Austin!
Making Cherished Memories This Valentine’s Day
So there you have it! Five ideas to spark your imagination for celebrating Valentine’s Day this year. Mix and match these fun ideas and make them your own – your spouse or significant other will be touched that you went the extra mile to make Valentine’s Day extra special.
Valentine’s Day is a day to celebrate the ones we love most, and a day to show them how much we care about them. Here at Patterson Insurance, we believe that showing our loved ones what they mean to us is not only important but a privilege, and Valentine’s Day is a wonderful time to show the love we so strongly feel. Have a wonderful time celebrating!