Texas Inland Marine Insurance


When you started your business, you probably never imagined you’d be moving your equipment or working at a remote location. You were just trying to build a small, local business, and now it’s turned into something much larger. The Patterson team is always excited to learn about local businesses expanding – and it’s a great time to talk about the additional types of insurance coverage you should consider to help protect that growth.


In Texas, inland marine insurance protects products, materials, and equipment when you transport it over land. It also covers certain types of moveable property, and even “instrumentalities of transportation” like tunnels and bridges.


What types of property is covered by inland marine insurance? More than you might realize:


  • Communications and networking equipment
  • Computer equipment
  • Construction equipment
  • Medical and scientific equipment
  • Photography equipment
  • Contracting equipment
  • Bridges
  • Tunnels
  • Pipelines
  • Animals and livestock
  • Oil and gas lease property
  • Agricultural machinery
  • Communication towers
  • Bulk liquids


The list is long and varied. If your property can be shipped or transported over land or is used in part to transport materials or goods, ask one of our agents about inland marine insurance.


Not every business needs inland marine insurance, but before you think you skip this important coverage, ask yourself:


  1. Do you ship tradeshow equipment, vendor booths, products, and samples around the country as you build your brand and promote your business?
  2. Do you win contracting and construction bids from companies around the state or country, sending your equipment from jobsite to jobsite?
  3. Are you hired to work on location as a photographer, videographer, or other technical expert outside of Texas?
  4. Do you own or are you responsible for pipelines, tunnels, bridges, radio towers, etc.?
  5. Do you send valuable property – animals, jewelry, or art – throughout Texas or out of state?
  6. Do you raise livestock that has to be transported from your property?


If any of the above are true, give the Patterson Insurance team a call.


Inland marine insurance may be exactly what you need to protect your equipment, products, and materials. With the right coverage in place, the Patterson Insurance team can help you focus more on growing your business and less on the “what-ifs.”

Why should you get this type of coverage? It’s much less restrictive than any warranty you can buy for your equipment. You don’t have to own the building to benefit from the loss of business income coverage. You’re still covered if the equipment breakdown happens off-site with a supplier or vendor you use, if it resulted in an interruption of your business and lost sales. So really, the question is “why not” get this type of coverage.


Here at Patterson Insurance, we consider our clients’ business success our success. Our job is to keep you up and running no matter what life throws at you. With equipment breakdown coverage, you get the extra peace of mind that comes with knowing that your business can move forward even if your biggest piece of equipment dies in the middle of production.


Give us a call. Let’s talk about how we can help you keep your business moving forward when your equipment breaks down on you.

Get a Quote

Patterson seal of approval

The coverage you can count on to protect the life you’ve worked so hard to build, from agents that will treat you like part of the family. It’s the Patterson way.

Protect yourself…


It’s not enough to protect your equipment while it’s in transit or being stored – you need to protect every area of your business. Learn more about all of our business insurance options.